Storm and Dan Hawk, at the helm of the Elizabeth Swann, discover they have
no way to make it in the book or film world without a protracted gestation
time, but discover they make
excellent comic characters, ideal for publication as graphic novels.
Q11 JOHNNY24 - HOW WILL YOU PLAN AND SCHEDULE TO ACHIEVE PROJECT COMMERCIALISATION?
HOW WILL YOU MANAGE THE PROJECT EFFECTIVELY?
Q11. Risks (this question will be scored out of 10)
11a - your approach in managing your project effectively
- your project plan identifying any links or dependencies between work packages, indicating the lead partner assigned to each and the total cost of each one
- your project risks and how you will mitigate them
11A. We consider this project too important to take on significant financial burdens at t his stage - over and above that the directors might personally inject. Risks that can and should be avoided. Having generated the IP, copyrights and trademarks, secured subject website rankings, etc., it might be considered imprudent to put the project in jeopardy, by rushing into a loan situation, that could tip us into insolvency - without first having tested the water. So handing all the hard work input so to date to potential competitors. Indeed, that would be counter productive for the British economy, as it is likely that US comic producers, European or Japanese
Manga, might snap the concept up at an undervalue, or free, for the benefit of their exports. For example, turning our British super hero into an American or Japanese hero.
Work packages are agreed between the Lead Partner (B Dusart) and story
development (J Hunter), in a relatively flat management structure, where all
participants are included in decision making. Our trainee (L Perrin) is assigned
research tasks and other areas of administration, not having any creative
input, other than opinion as to artwork and script quality and third party
opinion as to editing of
this case the work packages we are seeking help with, are "Characterisation"
and "Script Conversion to Comic dialogue."
will be shared and assigned to:
J Hunter (for head shot pictures) of the character list below - 29 in total.
And to edit existing script to suit speech and other commentary for the
Cleopatra Comic Script. Total cost not to exceed £00.00 over six months.
B Dusart, to approve and confirm acceptance of the developed twenty-nine
character arts. Then to approve Comic Script adaptation. The lead applicant,
also to keep books relating to overheads and expenditure, and to instruct
our Accountant to prepare interim accountancy reports. Total cost not to
exceed £00.00 over six months, including accountancy fees limited to the
J King, to review script, and assist 1. & 2. is developing a Comic
script. Total cost not to exceed £00.00 over three months.
L Perrin (trainee) to assist 1., 2. & 3. above, as part of his work
directly related and attributable to this accelerated undertaking, including
additional studio rental and proportional overheads, limited to £00.00.
Total costs: £00.00
11C. We’ll never be able to stop our project from changing its cost profile completely. Hence, there needs to be an allowance for change, as in operational flexibility; it’s the very nature of business.
We prioritize risks, ranking them according to the likelihood they will happen and how much damage they can cause. The most challenging risk in this team is absenteeism, caused by colds and flu, as hit us over Christmas. We need to allow staff to work flexibly, to make up time that may have been lost in the proposed six month period. To get in front of delays before they start causing trouble. There is always the possibility of incorrect project forecasting, for which we hope to have allowed sufficient, at pain of staff working at a reduced rate for longer.
There is always a cost risk that a project will spend more money than was originally budgeted. It will either lead to an overspend on the project or a reduction in the deliverables as money is pulled from other areas to compensate for increased costs. We have this firmly in mind, conscious of the Terms and Conditions, some of which appear somewhat harsh.
YET TO BE DEVELOPED AS ARTWORK - PROTAGONISTS
1. Abdullah Amir - Middle eastern marine captain
2. Ahmed Saleh - Port of El Dekheila, Fisherman who finds location Cleopatra's tomb
3. Charley Temple - Adventurous researcher & cameraman
4. Cleopatra, last Pharaoh queen of Egypt reborn - The reincarnated Mummy
5. Dr Roberta (Bobbie) Treadstone - Blue Shield ocean division, Newcastle Uni
6. George Franks - Estate trustee
7. Jack Mason - CIA contact, sometime double agent
8. Jill Bird - BBC news anchor, overseas services
9. Marjorie Boyle - Backpacker/blogger, Trinidad
10. Professor Douglas Storm - Genius & great uncle to John Storm
11. Professor Jacques Pierre Daccord - UNESCO, subsea archaeology division
12. Sam Hollis - Reporter, Trinidad Bugle
13. Steve Green (Greeno) - Freelance investigative bloodhound
14. US President Lincoln George Truman - Supreme commander US military
15. William Bates (Billy the Kid) - Californian computer genius
YET TO BE DEVELOPED AS ARTWORK - ANTAGONISTS
16. Alexis Luther - Panama - The Panamanian running man, a replicant
17. Baron Heinrich Richthofen - Obsessed 4th Reich, Neo Nazi occultist
18. Franco Francisco - Italian scientist, cloning expert
19. General Sir Rodney Dunbar - Head of MI6 human enhancement
20. Harold (Dirty Harry) Holland - Chief Constable, Scotland Yard
21. Husani Hassan - President elect of Egypt
22. Klaus von Kolreuter - Swiss scientist, human genome expert
23. Musa Bomani - Hired Egyptian tomb raider -
24. Nicholas (Nick- The Devil) Johnson MP - UK Minister for Defence
25. Roberto Ferrara - Italian spy Vatican & Interpol, double agent
26. Rudolf Kessler - Nazi Egyptologist/archaeologist
27. Safiya Sabuka - Isis worshiper, descendant of Cleopatra
28. Sergeant Shaun Flanagan Police officer, Scotland Yard
29. William Bates (Billy the Kid)
CREATIVE CATALYSTS 2023
- APPLICATION NO:
- IP GENERATION
£30,000 GROWTH INNOVATE UK
£50,000 CATALYST INNOVATE UK
CRITERIA - COSTS
& UK EDGE
BASIS - EU & IRELAND: DECLARATION
SUMMARY - BRIEF DESCRIPTION (PITCH)
DESCRIPTION - MORE DETAILED OUTLINE
TO APPLY) QUESTIONS
APPLICANT'S LOCATION (Nil score)
JAMESON HUNTER LTD SE
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE (AWARDS) TO DATE (Nil score)
PROJECT SECTORS SCOPE
ALIGNMENT - PUBLISHING & FILM (Nil score)
VIDEO DEMONSTRATION (Nil score)
PROBLEM (20 points)
SOLUTION (20 points)
PROJECT TEAM & RESOURCES (10 points) JUNE-SEPTEMBER
WHO ARE YOUR COMPETITORS (10 points)
ADDED VALUE (10 points)
PROJECT COSTS (10 points) - 3 YEAR PROJECTION EXAMPLE
RISKS (10 points)
VISION & AMBITION (10 points)
PROJECT SPEND PROFILE
& CONDITIONS - CAUTION
AWAITING ASSESSMENT - FILED 15/O2/2023
original stories, in need of character development for graphic novels.